Welcome to the Bilingual Rock the Cradle Postpartum Doula Training!
- Are you a Birth Doula looking to broaden your skills and knowledge in serving new families?
- Are you called to help parents transition into their new roles as gently as possible?
- Are you looking for a new and fulfilling career working with new mothers and families during such an intense and vulnerable time?
- Are you looking for a holistic postpartum doula training based on honouring the new mother?
- Are you looking for a training that also focusses on the business side of being a postpartum doula so you can start signing clients and running a profitable business?
If so, this is the postpartum doula training for YOU!
NO PRIOR EXPERIENCE IS NECESSARY!
Sylvia Otvos is a Certified Birth and Postpartum Doula and the founder of the Montreal based bilingual Doula Agency Rock the Cradle (www.rockthecradle.ca). She has assisted over 200 beautiful births in the past six years and has served dozens of families postpartum. She also has many years of management experience and is a Certified Business coach and helps women entrepreneurs them freedom, joy and financial success. She is a mom of three kids and had doulas at all her births.
Jenny Berthiaume is a Certified Birth Doula, and Postpartum Doula, a Yoga Therapist who specializes in prenatal and postnatal yoga and an Ayurvedic Lifestyle Consultant who offers Ayurvedic Massage Therapy. Jenny has studied with David Frawley, Pam England, Uma Dinsmore-Tulli, Mary Paffard, Jayme Hernandez, Annik Baillargeon and Melanie Faucher Shanti. She is author of the book ‘A Yogi Mama’s Guide to Yoga, Ayurveda & Your Child’ and mother of two. Her own postpartum depression diagnosis led her to a busy career as a Postpartum Doula.
The itinerary is as follows:
– Friday, October 26, 2019 – 3 p.m. to 9 p.m.
– Saturday, October 27, 2019 – 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
– Sunday, October 28, 2019 – 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
– November 6, 2019: Full day online business training from 10 a.m to 3 p.m. (Date TBC with participants)
– Six monthly 1-hour online gatherings to discuss progress, ask questions, and get help on your business
Full course content coming soon but will include:
– Understanding birth in our culture (choices, protocols)
– Healing emotionally from birth
– Healing physically from birth
– Nourishing the new mother and family
– Ayurvedic massage for mom and baby
– Birth story listening
– Postpartum depression
– Resources for the Postpartum Doula
– Feeding baby (breastfeeding, bottle feeding, pumping, formula)
– Newborn care for the first 6 weeks (diapering, swaddling, baby-wearing, umbilical cord care, bathing, etc.)
– Newborn sleep
– How to start and run your profitable business: sales, marketing, finances, contracts, client management, boundaries, money and more.
Course fee: $797+tx
Early Bird Price:15% discount. Deadline August 15, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
Scholarships: Two scholarships (50% off course fee) will be awarded based on financial need. Please send a letter of intent explaining your motivations for taking the training, an up-to-date résumé, and a copy of your last income tax statement. Deadline: August 15, 2019 11:59 p.m. Please send by email to email@example.com
For more information, please call Sylvia at 514-975-8973.