Montreal Prenatal Classes Taught By Certified Birth Doulas.
Want to have a positive birth experience, but don’t know what to expect?
Hoping you can find a way to involve your partner in your birth, even if they already seem more freaked out by this process than you? Crying because wine is officially off the menu? (We feel your pain.)
The truth is: There’s only so much that “what to expect when you’re expecting” guides can prepare you for.
You can have the best plan in place and the best team in place, but when it comes down to it…your baby may have ideas of its own. And that’s okay!
Participating in our Birth and Parent with Confidence classes will help you take ownership of the birthing experience and educate you on what to expect during your birth and up to six weeks after baby is born, so you can bring more knowledge and confidence into this process, regardless of how or where you choose to give birth.
Rock the Cradle Montreal prenatal classes offer:
EDUCATORS WHO ARE THE REAL DEAL
We’ve got 600+ births informing our methods. All of our educators are Certified Birth Doulas AND moms, so we’ve got more experience than you can shake a baby rattle at.
INTERACTIVE & HANDS-ON CLASSES
Leave your boring textbooks at home! We break out the anatomical models and teach you and your partner fun exercises that bring you closer together.
INFORMATIVE & IN-DEPTH LESSONS
We don’t just stick to teaching you hospital and birthing centre protocols, but show you how to make informed decisions during birth, so you feel prepared for anything.
HOLISTIC PAIN COPING TECHNIQUES
Our specialized skills in hypnobirthing, yoga, rebozo, and acupressure can help you cope with the intensity of labour using techniques that work for you.
TIPS FOR THRIVING BEYOND BIRTH
We’ll show you how to thrive in those 6 weeks after you bring baby home with breastfeeding techniques, postpartum healing remedies, and tips for newborn care.
A RESPECTFUL, JUDGMENT-FREE SPACE
No matter where you plan to give birth and whether you want a meds-free birth or not—we’re here to make you feel informed and supported, no question left behind.
You’ll get two days of training to cover topics such as (but not limited to):
- How am I going to do this?
- How labour really goes down and what to expect
- Labour coping techniques that you can use during each stage of labour
- What’s normal, what isn’t, and what to do about it
- How your partner or birth squad can help you through labour and delivery
- Different hospital and birthing centre protocols and interventions
- You’ve brought baby home, now what?
- How to get that first latch and help baby breastfeed
- Strategies and remedies to get your lady parts back to normal after birth
- Basic newborn care and what to expect in the first 6 weeks
And don’t worry, we’ll always make time to answer your 101 questions like:
- How do I know if I’m in labour for real? Will my water break?
- When do we go to the hospital? And what should we bring?
- What happens if I’m induced?
- Is it safe to eat while I’m in labour?
- What if I poop while I’m pushing?
- When is it too late to get an epidural if I really want one?
- How can I avoid tearing or having a cesarean?
- Will I be able to breastfeed my baby?
- Should I wait to bathe my baby?
- When can I start exercising?
- When can we have sex again?
Convenient options to fit your family’s needs:
Meet other like-minded couples and bond with your partner in a fun, comfortable, and interactive learning environment.
Time: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Venue: Equilibrium Yoga, 4812 St-Laurent Blvd, Suite 101, Plateau Mont-Royal (corner Villeneuve).
Upcoming English Classes:
- July 17, 19, 24 & 26 (summer evening intensive from 7:15 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.)
- August 4 & 25
- September 8 & 29
- October 13 & 27
- November 3 & 24
- December 1 & 8
Price: $299 + tax per couple, including teas and light snacks!
SUMMER SPECIAL: $247 + tx for July and August classes!
Learn in a more intimate setting where you feel safe and supported, with classes tailored to you and your schedule.
Classes: Six (6) hours of training divided into two sessions of 3 hours
Venue: At your home
Price: $450 + tax per couple.
To register, click the buy now button below. We’ll call you to schedule your classes.
Or call Sylvia at 514-975-8973.
We came out of these classes feeling so much better prepared for labour, birth and taking care of baby afterward. We really recommend them to all new parents!
Rock the Cradle’s prenatal classes
might be the right fit for you if:
You want to make informed decisions that are right for you and your family.
You want to have a meaningful and positive birth experience that you’ll love sharing.
You want to learn in a fun, safe, and judgment-free zone that respects your birth wishes.
GET MORE INFO
Not sure if Rock the Cradle’s Montreal prenatal classes are for you?
Want to feel more prepared for baby’s arrival? We can’t wait to see you in class!