Founder of Bona Dea Yoga, Birth and Postpartum Doula, Childbirth Educator, Prenatal Yoga Teacher and Therapist
I decided to become a Doula in 2011, when my first-born daughter was just a few months old. I didn’t have the hospital birth I was dreaming of and I wanted to help empower couples to take charge of their pregnancy and birth.
When I gave birth to my son at home two years later, I experienced something akin to bliss. I learned first-hand that incorporating meditation, visualization, yoga philosophy and breathing techniques are so incredibly helpful for those looking for a peaceful, empowering birth experience in the hospital, birth centre or at home.
I was diagnosed with Postpartum Depression when my son was a few months old, and was very grateful for the support of my own Postpartum Doula. I believe a large contributing factor to PPD is lack of help and support, and doula work in the postpartum period is some of my most important work.
- Certified Birth Doula (2011) through Alternative Naissance
- Certified Yoga Therapist and Teacher
- Breastfeeding support mother with NourriSource
- Bilingual, English and French
- Experienced with home births and hospital births
- My ultimate experience: Tandem nursing for three years
- Owner of mamanaturale.ca a natural parenting blog since 2010
Training and Certifications
- Basics of Breastfeeding and Active Listening, Nourrisource Montreal
- Volunteer breastfeeding support mom, Nourrisource Montreal
- Certificate in Indian Infant Shantala Massage
- 300 hours Health as a Whole Yoga Therapeutics with Re:Source Yoga
- 200 hours Hatha Yoga teacher training with Happy Tree Yoga
- Certification in Mom and Baby Yoga, Yin Yoga, Children’s Yoga
- I believe birth is beautiful and natural
- I believe in informed consent
- I believe in supporting not just the pregnant woman but also her partner
- I believe we possess everything we need to have the birth experience we desire
- I believe women were made to give birth and breastfeed
“Jenny is such a caring and knowledgeable doula. She really helped us after baby was born. We felt so much calmer with her support and were able to settle in as a family with much less stress. Thank you! “
Read more from my doula clients…
Take the next step and book an introductory meeting now!
If you would like to meet with Jenny, or want more information about our services, please call us 514-975-8973 or email us. We’d love to here from you!.
Join us on Pinterest
We love artwork depicting strong birthing women! Take a look at these beautiful depictions of birth, as well as our other Pinterest boards.
Lots of information about birth, postpartum healing, breastfeeding, and tips on raising a family. And lots of chocolate chip cookie recipes too!