Birth and Parent with Confidence – Montreal Prenatal Classes
Time: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Venue: Espace Shanti, 200 Delinelle Street, St-Henri (Place St-Henri Metro, just west from Atwater Market)
Upcoming English Classes
- May 28 & June 4
- Special evening intensive: August 7, 9, 14 & 16 (7 – 9:30 p.m.)
Price: $250 per couple; Coffee, teas and light snacks are offered.
Classes: Six (6) hours of training divided into two sessions of 3 hours
Venue: At our office space or at your home (depending on location)
Price: $400 per couple
Please fill in the registration form and you will receive an invoice with payment details.
As members of the Association of Naturotherapists of Quebec (A.N.Q.) we are able to provide you with receipts for private insurance coverage.
“We came out of these classes feeling much better prepared for labour, birth and taking care of baby afterward.
We really recommend them to all new parents!”
Read more from our clients…
What we will talk about
During our classes we will discuss many topics including but not limited to:
- The birth process (what is baby actually doing?)
- What to expect at your place of birth
- What labour is and how it unfolds
- Labour coping techniques to use through each stage of labour
- What is normal and what isn’t
- How your support person can help you through labour
- What happens to you and baby after baby is born
- Postpartum Healing
- Basic baby care
And we’ll answer our most frequently asked questions:
- How do I know I am in labour?
- When should I leave for the hospital?
- What should we bring?
- What happens if I’m induced?
- Can I eat during labour?
- When is too late to take the epidural if I really want one?
- How can I avoid tearing?
- How can I avoid a cesarean?
- Will I be able to breastfeed my baby?
- Should I wait to bathe baby?
- When can we have sex again?!
This is probably the best piece of advice we can give you. Most moms will tell you that their births did not go exactly as planned. And it’s true. We believe that you can have the best plan in place and surround yourself with the best team but the day of your birth, the universe and your baby take over! However, knowing your options before and during labour allows you to be part of the decision-making process and in turn will help you have a positive and beautiful birth experience.
Women around the world birth with confidence and you can too!
Choose your Childbirth Class Wisely
Rock the Cradle’s Birth and Parent with Confidence Montreal Prenatal Classes are given by birth doulas who have seen firsthand what childbirth is all about. We give you the real deal. We don’t just stick to teaching you hospital protocols, but rather we delve deep into the choices you must make during birth, including labour coping techniques, breastfeeding postpartum healing remedies and taking care of your newborn. Interactive and hands-on classes filled with lots of information and lots of fun!
Join us on Pinterest
Looking for interesting articles on everything to do with pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding, postpartum and more? We invite you to browse our various Pinterest boards – we guarantee you hours and hours of amazing reading! And lots of pictures of cute squishy newborns too.