Sign up now to receive the Top 10 Essentials for Your Baby Registry.
Certified Montreal Birth Doula and Postpartum Doula
It was on my journey to motherhood that I realized the deep transformation and impact that childbirth can have on women, men and families. For me, birthing children has been more than magical. It has brought many gifts into my life, laughter, tears, an overabundance of joy and stillness. It has been through these experiences that I have become instinctively in tune with the process of birth.
The wisdom of pregnancy and birth
have become a true inspiration for me.
Becoming a doula was a clear path for me as I have always felt strongly connected to work that strives to empower and heal people. Having previously made the leap from corporate chaos to the caring community I was able to use my experiences to grow and develop as a doula. I believe that every pregnancy and birth is unique and as such I want to nourish clients in a way that prepares them for their upcoming birth and growing family. My recent experience in acupressure, robozo and yoga nidra workshops for birth have allowed me to develop my practice. Irrespective of your birthing choices or personal beliefs I offer whole-hearted support for all women and their families. I am passionate about supporting people on their journey through the childbearing year and am truly honoured to be doing this work. I invite you to contact to me if you would like to discuss how I can help you achieve your ideal birth.
Training and Certifications
- Motherwit Certified Birth Doula
- Yoga Nidra for Birth workshop, Clearlight Gerald
- Rebozo for Birth workshop, Gena Kirby
- Acupressure for Birth workshop, Tanya Smith
- Nourrisource Breastfeeding Basics
- Adult and Infant CPR – 2nd responder
- Member of the Association des naturothérapeutes du Québec which allows me to provide receipts for insurance purposes
- I value pregnancy and birth as a healthy and natural physical, emotional, psychological and spiritual life event.
- I support all family planning choices, birth choices and parenting styles.
- I believe in educating women and families so that they are able to make the choices that are best for them.
- I value the uniqueness of every individual, and provide individualized care for my clients.
- I value compassion, and provide my clients with kindness and non-judgmental support.
In My Community
- Helped to open two Not-For-Profit Organizations, one that provides services for people on the autism spectrum and one that provides employment for those with mental illness.
- Assisted in the organization and maintenance of our local Green Alleyway.
- Supporter of the Montreal ArtHive.
- Coordinated and provided meals to those in need through Christmas Baskets, soup kitchen and food pantry programs.
- Volunteer foster family for the SPCA.
- Host of Mommy Groups.
Take the next step and book an introductory meeting now!
We would love to discuss your doula needs in more detail with you and see how you can benefit from our birth and postpartum services. Call Sylvia at 514-975-8973 or email us for more information.