Birth Takes a Village
“If a doula were a drug, it would be unethical not to use it.” ~ John H. Kennell, MD
Birth Doula Services
Who can benefit from having a Birth Doula?
Having a doula accompany you is a very personal choice, however, we think that everyone can benefit from having a birth doula! Especially if:
- You and your partner don’t have any family or friends nearby to help you.
- Your partner may be away during the birth.
- Your partner may not be at ease with birth.
- You wish to have someone at your birth who is knowledgeable in the process and can assist you in making the right decisions for you and your baby.
- You want to have as natural a birth as possible and want guidance and support in doing so.
The compassionate care of a doula can bring back the sense of community in which mothers feel respected and supported in their birth and parenting choices.
What does a Birth Doula actually do?
You know you want a doula, but you are not exactly sure about what she does. That’s OK because doula support varies depending on the expectant mom. Your doula will:
- Listen to you and discuss the type of birth you wish to have.
- Provide you with lots of information during your pregnancy so that you are informed of your choices regarding your baby, your birth and your body.
- Support your choices at all times, particularly in regards to those surrounding your birth, so that you feel confident, respected and able to birth your baby.
- Provide you with various comfort measures during your labour, including massage, acupressure, nutrition, position changes, help in an out of the bath, visualization, and lots more.
- Include partner and encourage them to support you and your baby in the best way they know how.
- Assist with breastfeeding.
- Ensure that your transition to parenthood unfolds as smoothly as possible.
“Sylvia was an invaluable part of our birthing process. She really helped us have the natural birth we were hoping for, I recommend her without hesitation.”
Read more from our doula clients…
Birth Doula Packages
|Package||Birth Package||Empowered Birth||Care Package||Belly to Baby|
|Two prenatal meetings|
|Birth Doula support during your birth|
|One postpartum meeting in the week following your birth|
|A.N.Q. (Association of Naturotherapists of Quebec) receipts can be provided for insurance purposes|
|Birth and Parent with Confidence Group Prenatal Classes|
|12 hours of Postpartum Support|
|Book Now!||Book Now!||Book Now!||Book Now!|
|Gift With Purchase|
|$100 gift certificate from BonCBon, an amazing meal delivery service that makes scrumptious food for your family and delivers it to your door|
|$50 gift certificate from one of Montreal’s best photographers, Vivian Doan Photography, towards any Baby and Belly Digital Package|
|Up to $100 gift certificate from Shawna Rose at Destination Sleep. Shawna is a Certified Pediatric Sleep Consultant who will set up great sleeping habits for your whole family|
|Optional Add Ons for Any Package|
|Six (6) private yoga therapy sessions at your home||$450|
|Six (6) sessions of Ayurvedic massage||$450|
|Four (4) Aromatherapy sessions||$300|
All packages include:
- The guidance of an experienced and professional doula throughout your pregnancy, birth and the postpartum period.
- Prenatal meetings tailored to your personal needs, during which we’ll discuss your medical history, how you envision your birth, any concerns you and your partner may have, your birth plan and more.
- Unlimited email and text support throughout your pregnancy
- Around the clock on-call availability beginning at 38 weeks.
- Reliable back-up doula support
- Unwavering, one-on-one support for the duration of your labour and birth until you and your family are comfortably settled in.
- Access to our lending library, including books and ressources on pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding and parenthood.
- Postpartum meeting the week following your baby’s birth to ensure that you are healing and getting accustomed to your new life, and to assist with any breastfeeding or other challenges you may be experiencing.
Take the next step and book an introductory meeting now!
I would love to discuss our services in more detail with you as well as all your doula needs. Let’s go for tea and chat! Call us at 514-975-8973 or email us for more information.