Welcome to Rock the Cradle – Montreal Doula Services!
You will benefit from our prenatal, birth and
postpartum services if:
- You want to be as informed as possible regarding childbirth and parenting and are looking for someone to listen to your concerns and guide you through it all.
- You are worried about the pain of childbirth and concerned that your birth may not unfold as planned (it rarely does!) and want a doula knowledgeable in birth to help you cope with labour, and support you and your family so that your birth experience may be a positive one.
- You are hoping that you’ll be able to breastfeed and understand that having an experienced support person by your side can increase your chances of breastfeeding your baby, and to keep doing so even when you hit those rough patches.
- You are wondering how to take care of a newborn and wish to have someone there to help you and your partner transition into your new role as parents.
Upcoming Birth and Parent with Confidence Prenatal Classes
English classes are given on Saturdays from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. at 4288 Notre-Dame Street West, Saint-Henri
- June 11 and 18
- July 18, 20, 25 & 27 (a two week intensive from 7 – 9:30 p.m.)
- September 17 & 24
- October 22 & 29
- November 19 & 26
Nespresso Coffee, teas and light snacks will be offered. REGISTER NOW!
Montreal Pregnancy & Birth Circle
Join us as we host the Montreal Pregnancy & Birth Circle every 1st Tuesday of the month from 7 – 9 p.m. Meet new friends, learn about childbirth and get lots of support throughout your pregnancy!
You benefit from the following services
“Sylvia is a kind, knowledgeable, and dedicated doula.
I couldn’t have asked for anyone better.”
Read more from my doula clients…
What on earth is a doula?
Like many people, I had never heard of a doula before I became pregnant with my son in 2007. I was really hoping to have a natural non-medicated birth but knew I would need help in doing so. I was counting on my spouse to be there for me, but I was worried that his uneasiness around blood would take him away from the birthing room! Then one day a friend suggested that we hire a birth doula – someone to give us information during my pregnancy, to help us during labour and delivery, as well as with breastfeeding during the postpartum period. What a fabulous idea! Needless to say, we hired lovely doulas for all three of our births, each doula having their own strengths and skill sets. And I’m so glad we did as I’m convinced that their knowledge, skilled hands, and encouraging words were what I needed to have the beautiful and empowering births that I had.
Now, the roles are reversed, and I want to help and guide you
through pregnancy and childbirth so that you, too,
may also experience the beauty and power of birth and motherhood.
Ready to take the next step?
Want to know more about what we do and how we can work together? We would love to speak with you about your pregnancy, birth and baby, and discuss your personal doula needs. Please call Sylvia at 514-975-8973 or email to schedule a free introductory meeting with one of our doulas.
Latest Posts on the Rock the Cradle Blog
Join us on Pinterest
We are always adding wonderful new resources to our Pinterest boards on topics such as birth, postpartum healing, breastfeeding,
raising a family…and mermaids. They birth in water – how cool is that?!