We believe in the Power of Positive Birth!
You will tell your birth story a million times.
What kind of story do you want to tell?
You will benefit from our prenatal, birth and
postpartum services if:
- You want to be as informed as possible regarding childbirth and parenting and are looking for someone to listen to your concerns and guide you through it all.
- You are worried about the pain of childbirth and concerned that your birth may not unfold as planned (it rarely does!) and want a doula knowledgeable in birth to help you cope with labour, and support you and your family so that your birth experience may be a positive one.
- You are hoping that you’ll be able to breastfeed and understand that having an experienced support person by your side can increase your chances of breastfeeding your baby, and to keep doing so even when you hit those rough patches.
- You may be without family to help or you are wondering how to take care of a newborn and wish to have someone there to help you and your partner transition into your new role as parents.
- You are looking for your tribe of like-minded parents who want the best for their babies.
Upcoming Birth and Parent with Confidence Prenatal Classes
English classes are given on Sundays from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. at 200 Delinelle Street, Saint-Henri.
- December 11 & 18
- January 15 & 29
- February 12 & 26
- March 12 & 26
- April 23 & 30
- May 21 & 28
- June 11 & 25
Teas and light snacks will be offered. REGISTER NOW!
Montreal Pregnancy & Birth Circle
Join us as we host the Montreal Pregnancy & Birth Circle every 1st Monday of the month from 7 – 9 p.m. Meet new friends, learn about childbirth and get lots of support throughout your pregnancy!
You benefit from the following services
“Sylvia is a kind, knowledgeable, and dedicated doula.
I couldn’t have asked for anyone better.”
Read more from my doula clients…
Hi, I’m Sylvia, founder of Rock the Cradle.
Like many expectant couples, I had never heard of a doula before I became pregnant with my son in 2007. I was really hoping to have a natural non-medicated birth but knew I would need help as my partner wasn’t very comfortable in hospital settings. Fast forward to three babies and four doulas later, I decided that more women needed to know just how amazing birth can be! With education, knowledge and a loving and respectful team supporting them, women can have beautiful, powerful and positive birth experiences.
This is our goal. Why? Because positive birth experiences affect our lives like you wouldn’t believe!! From healing, to breastfeeding, to taking care of our babies and ourselves. Positive birth is so important!
I am so lucky and honoured to have the support of two amazing doulas on this path that has called to me, Yvonne Pelling and Jenny Berthiaume. Their passion for birth is contagious and the love they have for the women in our community is unrivalled. I invite you to come to our many activities, classes or book a consult. It will be our pleasure to help you along this amazing road that is motherhood.
Ready to take the next step?
Want to know more about what we do and how we can work together? We would love to speak with you about your pregnancy, birth and baby, and discuss your personal doula needs. Please call Sylvia at 514-975-8973 or email to schedule a free introductory meeting with one of our doulas.
Latest Posts on the Rock the Cradle Blog
I hardly got any sleep the entire year after my son was born. He was my first baby and I didn’t really know what I was doing. I dreaded nap-time as he always woke up after a measly 20 minutes. I often spent sleepless nights walking the halls, bouncing him and rocking him. He often would only sleep on me. Let’s just say it was not a great year in the sleep department. Thank heavens he was cute!read more
The reason I decided to get this post together is to encourage students and mamanaturale readers to dive into some research. Hopefully in or before pregnancy, not when it’s 4am and you’re crying because your baby is hungry and you have no idea what’s going on.read more
As you can imagine, your perineum and your vagina go through a massive workout when you deliver your baby, and you may be surprised, or not, by how much pain you feel when you get home. There are some things that you can do, however, to heal quicker, and that’s what we’re talking about today.read more
Join us on Pinterest
We are always adding wonderful new resources to our Pinterest boards on topics such as birth, postpartum healing, breastfeeding,
raising a family…and mermaids. They birth in water – how cool is that?!